Solar Victoria Rebates
The Victorian State government Solar Homes initiative offers various subsidies to encourage the adoption of solar technology and accelerate the States transition to a renewable energy system
$1,850 Solar Panel Rebate
The solar panel rebate is currently open
Eligible households can claim a rebate of $1,850 off the cost of a solar panel system. This rebate is applied at point of sale, so it’s paid directly from Solar Victoria to your installer. The system is administered via an online portal – our friendly customer service team will be able to talk you through the process and the paperwork required, the first step is contacting Essential Solar to arrange a quote.
$1,850 Interest Free Loan
$4,174 Solar Battery Rebate
Solar Victoria are running a pilot scheme giving a $4,174 rebate on the installation of a solar battery if you already have solar panels installed. This rebate is now available in every Victoria postcode. Only a limited number of rebates are available. This rebate makes installing a solar battery, utilising more of your Solar energy and reducing your reliance on carbon intensive energy a reality.
Solar For Rental Properties
Are you eligible?
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.