Solar Victoria Rebates
The Victorian State government Solar Homes initiative offers various subsidies to encourage the adoption of solar technology and accelerate the States transition to a renewable energy system
$2,225 Solar Panel Rebate
Eligible households can claim a rebate of $2,225 off the cost of a solar panel system. This rebate is applied at point of sale, so it’s paid directly from Solar Victoria to your installer. The system is administered via an online portal – our friendly customer service team will be able to talk you through the process and the paperwork required, the first step is contacting Essential Solar to arrange a quote.
To receive your rebate you must:
• Meet the eligibility criteria
• Install products on the approved products list
• Use a CEC Approved Solar Retailer (that’s us!)
$2,225 Interest Free Loan
$4,838 Solar Battery Rebate
Solar For Rental Properties
Are you eligible?
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.