Solar Victoria Rebates
The Victorian State government Solar Homes initiative offers various subsidies to encourage the adoption of solar technology and accelerate the States transition to a renewable energy system
$1,888 Solar Panel Rebate
The solar panel rebate is currently open
Eligible households can claim a rebate of $1,888 off the cost of a solar panel system. This rebate is applied at point of sale, so it’s paid directly from Solar Victoria to your installer. The system is administered via an online portal – our friendly customer service team will be able to talk you through the process and the paperwork required, the first step is contacting Essential Solar to arrange a quote.
$1,888 Interest Free Loan
$4,838 Solar Battery Rebate
Solar Victoria are running a pilot scheme giving a $4,838 rebate on the installation of a solar battery if you already have solar panels installed. This rebate is currently only available in 247 postcodes across Victoria, check if your home is eligible. Only 1,000 rebates are available in the 2019-20 financial year. This rebate makes installing a solar battery, utilising more of your Solar energy and reducing your reliance on carbon intensive energy a reality.
Solar For Rental Properties
Are you eligible?
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.